Thursday 19 September 2013

Okay, Let's Finish This Up!- Everything Else

To be honest I've been working in the studio for a little over a week now. It was over a month behind, but in hindsight I think that's not bad considering the natural disaster we went through (I guess "natural" is debatable these days...).

Next post the finished studio. This time I will touch on everything else that was left because the anticipation of writing this and completing the project is over. Quite frankly, now it just cuts into painting time.

The ceiling was part of the "non-mastery" debacle. See earlier posts for reference. Eventually the contractor came in and finished it. It's a spantex knockdown finish.


We installed hardwood flooring. I found it on Kijiji. It's Bamboo. I found about 440 square feet that someone was getting rid of. It was over budget but probably a quarter of what I would've paid full price. I thought I would have to use something else to finish off the model stand but I managed to get the floor, the seat for the window and the model stand, with some left over. I squeezed the guy to make sure there was no waste, I'm also not very good at math. This time it worked out in my favour. The squeezing a guy thing always works out in my favour ;)





The baseboards and casing were installed twice. The contractor screwed up and put in small baseboards. No biggie, they redid it. The case (same guy as ceiling-see debacle). Uhg.

I had banks of fluorescents put in. I did this because you can mimick north daylight with an even spectrum these days. So thats what I got. I like them.

I had redone a fireplace at the old house and had some tile left over. It's nice stuff so I used it for this one. I like the design a lot.

I think that's about it. The eaves needed to be rerouted because of the window. I finished all the furniture, and my easel myself.


1 comment:

  1. Looks great, Todd. Looking forward to seeing it with all your furnishings ... particularly that easel you've made yourself!

    Congratulations, quite the accomplishment, I'd say!

    ReplyDelete